Saturday, January 7, 2012

LG Optimus Black - Android

Ok, I think I must give Android another chance. I got a LG Optimus Black for my father last week, he kept his old Motorola phone for around 2 years and I thought it would be better if he could try a new phone now. At first I was thinking of choosing an iPhone 4 for him, but due to Cell phone companies greed, they wanted to charge $200 for the upgrade even when we had 6 years  (that´s right 6 !) "earning" points for a free upgrade. So the girl that took care of us showed us a bunch of really crappy Nokia phones (no Windows Phone) a couple of cheap Samsung devices and finally the LG Optimus Black. The phone looks really nice, with a big nice screen and a black (in case you didn't guess) plastic body. The phone feels very light and plasticky, but I think this is a good thing since the device appears to be very heavy due to its size.  Unfortunately I only had chance to use the device for a little while and didn't have enough time to get "personal" with it.

I do want to say that in the last couple of weeks , first with the HTC Sense and now with the LG Optimus black, I had the chance to experience in a very unique ways two "flavors" of Android that felt exceptionally good. In the past I used a Nexus One for a few days and a cheap LG Optimus V as my daily driver for a couple of months and honestly I feel like I missed a real Android experience because of the hardware I picked. (Well, when I used the Nexus One I didn't really gave it a chance just because I was very close to iPhone experience)

At this point I am still waiting for the Samsung Focus Windows Phone I ordered a few weeks ago (what the hell Amazon !) and won't be getting a top of the line Android phone any time soon, However I will keep that in mind for when my contract expires and is time to upgrade my current phone.

Please make sure you follow us on twitter @tech_ci for updates !


No comments:

Post a Comment